Webull is a US based broker which is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ and Cboe EDGX Exchange, Inc (CBOE EDGX). It offers zero fee trading much like Interactive Brokers and allows the purchase and selling of fractional shares.
And in their most generous acquisition offer yet, Webull is offering up to US$150 (S$206) in cash vouchers when you deposit at least S$2000, maintain this balance for 30 days, make a stock trade and options trade. And to sweeten the deal, Tech Composition is offering an exclusive S$20 GrabFood voucher upon successful sign up and deposit. Remember to use our referral link here.
To receive US$100 Cash Voucher
Event period: 1 November 2022 16:00 to 1 December 15:59
- Successfully make an initial minimum deposit of SGD2,000 (this refers to your first ever funds deposit) within the Campaign Period and maintain a Net Cumulative Deposit of at least SGD2,000 for a holding period of at least 30 calendar days.
- Net Cumulative Deposit = Accumulated deposit amount – Accumulated withdrawal amount, capital gains & losses are excluded.
- Execute at least 1 Stocks or ETFs buy trade with a minimum Trade Value of USD100 on the US market within the 30-day holding period.
- US$100 Cash Voucher will be added to your account within 7 business days after the 30-day holding period.
Full terms here (bottom of page)
To receive US$50 Cash Voucher
- Note that this is a continuation of the above task, so the minimum deposit of S$2000 and maintaining a S$2000 account value for 30 days is still required. You will also need to execute at least 1 Stocks or ETFs buy trade with a minimum Trade Value of USD100 on the US market within the 30-day holding period.
- Execute an Options buy trade with no minimum value on the US market within the 30-day holding period.
- US$50 Cash Voucher will be added to your account within 7 business days after the 30-day holding period
Full terms here (bottom of page)
To receive S$20 GrabFood Voucher
- Fill in the form here after you are done with the deposit of at least S$2000. No need to wait for the 30-day holding period.
- We will get back to you in 1-2 working days after verification via email
That works out to making about S$226 with a deposit of S$2000 (that can be withdrawn at a later time). Sounds good? Let’s get into the steps.
1. You need to click on our referral link here to sign up for a Webull account
2. Sign up using your mobile number and verify it via a SMS code.
3. Set a strong password
4. Download the app by clicking on the button
5. After opening logging into the app, tap on the Webull icon in the center of the tab bar and hit open account
6. Retrieve your personal details with Singpass, or manually type them in
7. Apply for Stocks, ETF and Options under the Cash Account
8. Declare your financial knowledge
9. Agree to terms and conditions and wait for account to be activated (usually takes less than 5 minutes)
10. To help track your progress, head on to the menu tab and click the Welcome Rewards banner.
11. Tap “My progress” to see your progress
12. Head back to the homepage and tap on the Webull icon on the tab bar
13. Go to the Transfers section and tap deposit
14. Choose your desired deposit method. (eDDA is the most convenient as it doesn’t involve adding bank receipients and bank account numbers)
15. Deposit should be reflected instantly under the Assets tab
Exchanging Currency and Trading
16. Remember you needed to make trades in the US market? You will first need to exchange some SGD into USD
17. Go to the Currency Exchange under the same Transfers tab. Webull does not charge any currency exchange fees, so exchange the amount you require for your purchase
18. Head back to the home page and search for your desired company/ETF to purchase stocks or options from
19. In the stock page, click Trade to buy shares, and Options to purchase options. Just to recap, you need to make at least a US$100 stock buy and a no minimum options buy.
20. For stocks, Webull allows you to purchase fractional shares of any company as long as it is a market order. No need to worry about the company’s unit stock price being too high.
After completing all of the tasks, you will receive a total of US$150 in cash vouchers after the 30 days holding period and S$20 in GrabFood vouchers. Just remember to use our referral link.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected].
This article does not constitute financial advice. Due diligence should be made before investing in any securities. Tech Composition is not liable for any capital losses you may incur.
This article may include Referral or affiliate links that provide revenue to Tech Composition.
Derrick (Yip Hern) founded Tech Composition to provide valuable insights into the tech and finance world. He loves to scour the web for the best deals and embark on software projects during his free time, a typical geek, right?